Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Executive Decision

The Adventure: Move to Ireland

So, I have emailed a realtor company and a bake shop over in Ireland, both without response.  I half expected that to happen, them assuming I am some crazy person or they just received the most sincerest spam mail. After hitting a wall with my means of communication, I started to wonder how I was going to make this move work from so far away.  The answer I came up with (that I actually accept) is that I won't.  I will make it work when I get there.

Ireland does not require a Visa to live in the country, only that a "Permission to Remain" document be filed after living in the country for 3 months.  So, if I am in Ireland for 3 months with no job prospects then I will leave and head off in a new direction.  I am going to try and find housing that I can rent monthly as opposed to yearly or bi-yearly, so that if I have to leave it won't be a problem. If it turns out I can't find work and therefore I can't stay then at least I had three whole months in Ireland that I will always treasure.

Until then, I plan to try as hard as I possibly can to line up a job or at least some kind of possibility to be waiting for me when I arrive.  Six months is a long time to wait for a move and so much can happen between now and then.  However, the next 4.5 months are strictly dedicated to school and graduating on time in December!

I wish I could write everything that I want to do on little slips of paper, shake them up in a hat, pick one out and say, "this is my next adventure, let's go!"

No comments:

Post a Comment